Saturday, October 20, 2012

Yes I'm Still Waiting




 Yes, I'm still pregnant and at 5 days overdue starting to get a little frustrated.  This morning I woke up with a fire under me and went out on the most brisk 3-mile walk I have yet to undertake.  I figured that if I am feeling this uncomfortable I need to shake things up and get things moving along.  Needless to say, I am still pregnant, and probably pulled a muscle.  It seems people all around me are having their babies either on time or early.  After having so many symptoms that lead me to believe that labor is imminent and then nothing progresses, I have started to get discouraged.  I have trusted my body with every step of this process along the way, yet right now I am starting to doubt its ability to start labor naturally.  I also understand other mom's well wishes when they encourage me with stories about what worked for them...but after having tried all of these things and still being pregnant I can't help but start to wish I didn't know what worked for other people.  Whatever "works" for me will just happen to be what I did that day.  Part of me still knows that I should go into labor naturally at any time right now.  The other part of me however, feels that I truly will have to be induced and have at least another week before the midwives will really push me to do this.  I am thankful to be under the care of nurses that will not push my body too early, but really just wish it all would have happened by now.

Oh and please never say "oh, you're still pregnant?" to an overdue momma...she doesn't want to hear this. :-/

Feeling discouraged...


4 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Nicole...I wish I could experience your frustration and fear for you, so that you did not have to. Alas, I am too old to be pregnant... I believe, however, that it is ok to be frustrated. by God's grace, I hope you can remember that He created you/your body gloriously for such a time as this and you are the mother of a most incredibly special and amazingly loved little boy whom you will most assuredly meet and hold in less than 10 days. Oh, how I love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend, I know that feeling! You and your body can do this, though. Remember that my Jonah decided to take his sweet time and come a whopping 14 days past his due date? And Eli took 7 days past? I seemed endless at the time, but truly, my body knew what it was doing and, looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way. You may need to unplug for a bit if all the well-meaning comment, texts, and facebook posts are making you feel rushed or pressured or discontent. You are still very much in the realm of normal, sweet friend! Hang in there and call me if you need to vent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nicole, i know exactly how your heart and your body feel right now. hang in there, those last days are tough, but savor the quiet, your life is about to change in the best way possible!

    (call if you need sympathy, i've been there and it's hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its as if I wrote this post myself one year earlier! I doubted my body would do it on its own and feared induction. Elsa came 6 days overdue and those 6 days might have been my hardest. One friend of mine actually went on fb and wrote "have that baby already!" I might have punched her in the face if she was within arms reach! Hang in there I promise it WILL happen!

    ReplyDelete