Saturday, October 13, 2012

Our Last Few Days..

Last night Judd and I enjoyed a spontaneous night out on the town thanks to my mom's generous offer to buy us a special dinner :)  She is one of the most thoughtful people I know and really appreciate all of the small things that she gives me just to make life a little more special.  To celebrate one of our last days as pre-parents, we went to the Kitchen Upstairs, a modern, classy restaurant I have been wanting to try since I moved to Boulder.  It was awesome.

During our conversation we started talking about things that I am going to miss and those that I won't about being pregnant.  In these last few days that I feel the most uncomfortable, I thought it important to record all of the good and the bad, because I don't want to just remember the bad.

Things I am looking forward to post-pregnancy:

1. Being able to put on my pants, socks and shoes without significant effort (especially my left leg/foot).
2. No more heartburn!!
3. No longer feeling a burning/ stretching sensation on my right upper side, just below my rib (apparently due to my liver being here and there just not being enough room).
4. Sleeping on my back/ sleeping through the night (well...this may not happen again for a long time).
5. Getting kicked in the ribs.
6. No more inner-thigh nerve pinching from his cute little head settling in.
7. Being able to resume my favorite workout classes.
8. Being able to enjoy a glass of red wine or one of my many favorite beers.
9. Shopping for normal clothes.
10. Bringing our little boy into a community that is already so excited for and in love with him.
11. Not wondering every day if today will be the day we meet him!
12. Spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with our new little boy.
13. Carrying Peanut on the outside rather than the inside.
14.  Getting to meet this little man I have fallen so deeply in love with over the last 10 months!

Things I will most definitely miss:

1. Having clear skin.
2. Feeling special and beautiful just because I am pregnant (I've always thought pregnant women were the cutest, so its been fun to have this identity for awhile).
3. Getting to park in the "Expectant Parent" spots (oh wait, they're for "Expectant and New Parents" - awesome).
4. Wearing tight shirts with no shame.
5. Losing minimal to no hair every time I shower.
6. Having no issues with my body/ weight because I know it is serving a bigger, more important purpose that trumps any of my personal issues.
7. Getting monthly prenatal massages and weekly chiropractic adjustments.
8. Feeling his little feet move around in the same place.
9. Eating extra dessert and knowing nobody can judge me.
10. Getting to sleep in.
11. Having an excuse to nest and craft constantly.
12. Getting Peanut all to myself, every day, all day as I feel him change, grow and move around inside of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment