Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cravings

I've been thinking recently how there are a number of things that have happened during pregnancy that I did not expect.  Some funny, some odd and some that make sense, I guess.  Here goes:

During pregnancy I did not expect...
1. To not actually have a big appetite (the rumors are not true, you are not hungry all of the time).
2. That although I miss beer and wine, abstaining has not been that hard.
3. That feeling the baby kick is the coolest/ best feeling in the world - I wish he kicked all the time.
4. To be exhausted all day if I wake up before 8:30, regardless of when I go to sleep.
5. Heartburn to come out of nowhere. Just thinking about it can bring it on.
6. To give into cravings without a fight. I find myself buying Frappuchino's, Sour Patch Kids, Dairy Queen, iced decaf coffee, fast food, or whipped cream without a second thought. Pre-pregnancy, my self-control kept me from these irresponsible choices.
7. Shopping to no longer be fun. Maternity clothes are usually expensive, and rarely cute. Normal clothes just do not fit right. Short dresses (my uniform in the summer), are often too short in the front.
8. That sleeping would get harder, not because I have to sleep on my side, but because I get extremely hot at night.
9. That there are growing pains involved with the growing baby bump. Sometimes these round ligament pains are so intense I can't stand up straight.
10. To not "feel" pregnant until I started to show, and I didn't start to show until over halfway through!
11. That although I know he will be here in about 3 months, I don't think I (we) will fully comprehend this until we bring him home from the hospital.


3 comments:

  1. Try a belly band for support (it helped with my horrible ligament pains)and enjoy the baby kicks now by month 9 they are no longer cute! haha Josselyn's elbows or long feet were constantly jamming into my ribs lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yah! Forever 21 has some pretty descent maternity clothes for cheap! I found the best jeans & shorts there last summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea Forever 21 had Maternity, I will definitely check that out!

      Delete