Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crazy Fires

Over 100 degree weather for at least the past week, combined with extremely dry conditions have resulted in fires all across Colorado right now.  There is a huge fire burning outside of Fort Collins, and another, even more devastating in Colorado Springs.  This was all close to home, but not as close as it became yesterday when Boulder put itself on the map.  A fire on the Flatirons that started by lighting has been burning since yesterday afternoon.  Yikes.  As I write this it is actually raining (hallelujah!) and I hope this storm can help the fight rather than ignite another spark from more lightning.



In other news, I am now officially 24 weeks pregnant, aka. 6 MONTHS!!  Crazy!  As normal as I still mostly feel, the bump is undeniable and is starting to get in my way.  In fact, I feel HUGE, but then I remember how much further and bigger I have to go...


I had my first stranger comment this past week!...and I am now officially recognizable to the public as pregnant.  I know this sort of thing bothers some people, but I think I'm going to continue to enjoy and embrace this entire experience.  The one thing I am not stoked on right now, however, is that I feel like my stomach has shrunk in two.  Peanut has grown so much recently that I already feel him kicking my ribs, making it harder to breath sometimes and taking over precious space where my stomach once was.  I can no longer eat a reasonably-sized meal without feeling completely stuffed.  My hope is to cut every meal in half and eat twice as often...although for me this is much easier said than done.  I may just have to get used to feeling a little more uncomfortable more of the time.  Oh well, such is pregnancy!

And the progress on the nursery!  Lots to do and I'm loving every minute of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment