Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration

I write again on another rainy day, something I am so thankful we are getting here in Boulder!  I also smell slightly like a coffee shop as Judd and I spent part of this afternoon down at Folsom Coffee, listening to live music, drinking Latte's and reading.  My reading of choice today was "Baby Bargains."  So far this has been my right hand guide as I start to learn about what we will be needing and not needing for little one.  Unlike registering for a wedding where you pretty much know what you need (if you have cooked before, you should know what tools you need for example) but with a baby, its all foreign and new.  I have been logging the items are interested in on Diapers.com, mostly as a place to keep it all organized, but also as our registry.  I will report on exciting finds as they come up.

What is changing with my body: I cannot deny that I feel pregnant now.  My lower abdomen feels full and tight all of the time.  Sometimes it feels tighter than others (like when I am working out, this causes me a small amount of concern, so I try to not push it).  I remember my pregnant friend mentioning slight contractions during weight lifting class occasionally when she was as far along as I am a few months ago, so I'm guessing this is normal.  It's really strange, I can literally feel this baby growing and moving upward.  I still feel subtle flutters pretty often now, nothing too crazy, just a fun reminder that someone is here with me!


The most exciting thing right now is that I am planning our Gender Reveal Party in a little over a week!!  I am so excited to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl and I can't think of a better reason than to celebrate with friends and family!  I found this awesome idea for party decorations that I am using as inspiration:.  I will definitely be posting post-party pictures with the results of course!














Another fun thing going on is that I have started gathering ideas for the nursery!  Our progress so far includes painting the room a beautiful gray color that I found from a nursery I like posted on Pinterest.  I have decided to go for yellow, gray and white whether we have a boy or a girl.  I love these colors together and like that they are pretty gender neutral.  Since we will be finding out the sex, I'll spruce up the room with a few girly or boyish touches down the road.  This way if we are still living here when we have more kids, we won't have to totally redo the room.









No comments:

Post a Comment