Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Growing Pains

I am so excited and just had to post because I just ordered what is quite possibly the cutest diaper bag on the planet!!  Somehow I stumbled upon this on Pinterest, which took me to an Etsy vendor in France.  After reading dozens of extremely positive reviews, I am pretty confident that this is going to be a very worthwhile purchase.  Check it out!:
I'm also patiently awaiting the shipment of a variety of fabrics that I ordered online last week for many of my nursery projects.  Thanks to Pinterest I have found a number of DIY projects that will take up plenty of my time as I await the arrival of this little guy! 

Now that we know we are having a boy I have started brainstorming ways I can make the room a little more masculine, than neutral.  Of course, Pinterest to the rescue, again!  I found these awesome ideas for a vintage airplane-inspired room that I am super excited about.  Judd's grandpa and dad were both pilots and Judd has always loved airplanes (he also has his glider-plane license).  I love that not only is this going to be a very cute theme, but it is meaningful to this family!  Here is some inspiration I am liking:


I feel like this baby bump is growing at such a rapid pace these days!  I've actually been experiencing a good amount of growing pains - something pre-pregnancy I was not warned about!  I thought these baby bumps grew so gradually that you hardly noticed and then one day you were big!  Nope, I can literally feel pain in my side on a pretty regular basis right now as this guy grows.  This paired with some Braxton Hicks (contractions that don't mean labor) I have started to actually feel what a tiny, tiny degree of labor may actually be like - a little scary!   



Other than a growing mass that does not feel like my body anymore, I feel great!  I've been able to continue in all of my normal day activity, am eating normal and only experiencing mild heartburn occasionally.  I've had good friends all around my deliver their babies recently and this has gotten me so excited for the arrival of this guy!  I really can hardly wait.  I know, I know...it's still 4 months away...  Peanut has been kicking a ton recently though which still continues to be the coolest feeling in the world.  In fact, last night Judd felt him kick for the first time!!  It was awesome to see his face light up when he realized what he was feeling!  By the looks of how active this guy is already, I'm a little nervous/excited we are going to have one energetic little man!  Watch out!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Nicole! I love reading about you and Judd and little Peanut! The room will be beautiful, as everything you create is. And I think the masculine aeronautical touches are perfect. I see why you wanted Judd's aviator bear-sweet! love you guys1

    ReplyDelete