Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Morning Sickness

Judd and I in Mexico last week!


I am eight weeks pregnant as of yesterday.  Up until five days ago I thought I was going to get away with very mild morning sickness.  I was wrong.  The last few days have marked the beginning of me actually feeling pregnant, (up until this point my mild symptoms could have almost passed as in my head).

This is not what I was expecting, and carrying on like normal has been much harder than I expected.  Up until the last few days I have been keeping a very good and steady workout schedule at the Y, going to a variety of cardio, weight lifting and yoga classes.  The last few days I have not wanted to do any of it, and I haven't.

I think the biggest battle right now is that I feel like my stomach is the size of a grape.  I truly cannot eat more than a few spoonfuls of yogurt without feeling completely stuffed and bloated.  Yuck.  And I love food.  The nausea comes every day now, but luckily sticks to the morning and lasts only a few hours.  This morning when I was feeling particularly horrible, my coworker posted a BBQ menu in the office that he wanted us to look at.  I could hardly read the words from where I was sitting, but even just seeing the words BBQ made me fight back gag reflexes.  Ugh.  Oh well.

I know that in the midst of feeling sick and completely not myself, I am joyful that these signs all point to the fact that I am indeed healthily pregnant.  My first doctors appointment at Boulder Nurse Midwives is in a week!!  At this appointment I will have an ultrasound and also see/hear the babies heartbeat!!  I pray everything is well and peanut is healthy!  Exciting news to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Congrats guys! I am sooooo excited for you...this is going to be amazing! I'm stoked that you are going to the Boulder Nurse Midwives, I've heard great things about them. Please, please, please don't hesitate to call me for anything from questions to support to venting. Love that I get to follow along on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete