Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ten Months

Ten months....and a few days.  Risden's first birthday is just around the corner!  This past month has been great and (knock on wood) I've actually said out loud that it is starting to get easier.  Risden's two naps a day have become consistent and longer.  He is also sleeping 12 uninterrupted hours at night.  I cannot believe what a difference him sleeping makes on our entire family!

Little man has two bottom teeth and three more are coming in on top.  His favorite phrase (his only words really) are "uh-oh" and he says it all the time.  He'll eat just about anything as long as I mix in peaches, and he loves finger-food such as grapes, apples and chicken.  He's still nursing four times a day and we'll keep this up as long as he stops biting me (ouch!!).  Risden is still crawling as fast as ever and has started standing on his own throughout the day.

He loves Judd and I, grandma and grandpa Nutting, grandma Bohanan (from Skype dates :) but NOT the friendly people at the YMCA Child Watch where I try to take him 1-2 times a week so I can attempt to get back into shape  The second he realizes where he is he get's all spider-man clingy and cry's off-and-on for the hour I am gone.  This morning I took him to "Cruisers and Crawlers" story time at the Boulder Library and as soon as he saw other kids his super-hero tendencies surfaced.  It took lots of coaxing and 10 minutes of me not leaving for him to finally relax and play with the other kids.  As soon as he saw an open door at the end of the room though, he bolted out and into the library.  For how affectionate and cuddly he is, he sure is independent and adventurous.  We love our big-eyed sweet and energetic guy to pieces :)

Oh, and it was nearly impossible to get him to hold still for these photos.










No comments:

Post a Comment