Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Eight Month Update

Is it just me or does every month come quicker than the last!?  Risden has changed this past month more than any other so far.  About two weeks ago he started crawling and practically grew up overnight.  He went from being my little babe who would stay where I put him, to a pre-toddler with his own agenda.  He started showing signs of crawling (getting on all-fours and rocking back and forth) and within three days figured out how to move his legs and arms to get him moving.  Within a week nothing was off-limits.  

Being as prepared as I am, I ordered a baby gate back in April, only to find it was too small when we opened it when he was officially on the move.  Oops.  So, for about a week while we awaited the replacement, Judd and I were on high-alert (we have a very long interior staircase up to our condo).

One of Risden's favorite games is chasing our cat Hulk.  Hulk wants just about nothing to do with Risden, which sort of breaks my heart because Risden get's rejected all day long. :-/  

As crazy as it is that Risden has started crawling, it has been so fun to watch him get around and get into things he finds interesting.  Plus, his naps have drastically increased in length, and have become very predictable.  I finally have the schedule I have been dying to put him on!    








  

No comments:

Post a Comment