Friday, September 21, 2012

Settling In

As I approach the 37 week mark I am so excited to almost be considered full term!  I cannot believe that this little guy is literally ready to meet the world any day!  Yes, yes, I know that he will most likely come closer to his due date, or potentially after (ahh!) but either way, he's coming soon!

Life has been a bit on the crazier side lately.  I feel like no matter how hard we try, Judd and I cannot seem to keep ourselves from being a bit over-committed.  It doesn't help that in the last few days I have been feeling less myself and much more pregnant and hormonal.  I have been pretty blessed throughout this whole process by feeling pretty good physically so its hard to complain if it just starts getting a little harder now.

What's going on...heartburn.  Its bad.  I have it throughout the day, seemingly independent of what I eat.  And its really bad at night when I lay down.  I have woken up in the middle of the night to stomach acid coming up my throat, ugh.  Last night before bed I tried a remedy recommend by my midwife - drink 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with honey.  It was real tart, but in combination with a few Tums, did the trick.

As I move around throughout the day I feel intermittent pressure in my pelvis, more precisely on my bladder. At first I thought I suddenly really had to pee, often, but then I realize that its just my future child's head settling in down there.  He also tends to pinch a nerve in my inner thigh occasionally, making me feel like one or both of my legs could give out, haha. Oh the joys of the third trimester.  :)  At my apt. yesterday my midwife confirmed that he is ridding really low, which explains all of these symptoms, but is also an excellent position for him to be in.

I've continued to go to a chiropractor every other week, and will soon be every week and I have loved it.  I really feel like she has helped keep my back and hips as in place as possible and minimized any discomfort I could be having.  I'm curious if her handy work has anything to do with how low he is sitting. I'm hoping this means a quick delivery!

The babies room is ready, clothes are washed and folded and even our reusable-diaper sprayer is hooked up to the toilet.  We plan to install the car seat early next week and really just feel ready!  I'm not sure if me being ready will allow him to come early, or if I am actually just setting myself up for a long 5 more weeks of waiting...haha, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment